NiC’s Response to COVID-19
As the project manager for the new Nelson Innovation Centre, KAST has implemented practices to ensure the health and safety of our employees, clients and visitors as we prepare to welcome the public into our new work hub.
The Nelson Innovation Centre will open at reduced capacity on a by appointment-only basis Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10am-4pm. Bookings must be made in advance online if you’d like to visit the space.
In order to serve you, our valued tech community, the centre will open to the public with strict safety measures in place:
- Our maximum capacity is 10 people
- All tables and seating are at least 2 meters apart and limited to 1 person per station.
- We have hand-washing and sign-in procedures for all staff, clients and visitors for contact tracing purposes.
- Staff will be sanitizing shared work spaces and high contact surfaces frequently, with frequent weekly deep-cleaning service to ensure a safe and healthy facility.
In addition to this, all on-site staff are adhering to the strict Work Safe BC Covid-19 guidelines:
- Keep a physical distance of 2m (6’) or more from each other
- Practice frequent handwashing or hand sanitizing
- Don’t touch your face
- If you, or anyone in your family, gets sick – Stay Home
We would like to acknowledge the extraordinary circumstances that our staff are working in and the additional demands of opening a new, public workspace in this challenging environment. We appreciate your patience and welcome your feedback to ensure the safest environment possible for staff and the public to utilize the space.